Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Path Definition Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a scenario where a vehicle drives in a circle around the scene. I want it to keep going along a circle path for the whole scenario. Is there an example of how to do this? I have tried to create it where the path starts and ends at the same place but when it hits the end point, the vehicle continues straight and does not make the turn.

Thank you.

• @jmk479 said in Path Definition Question:

Hi,

I am trying to create a scenario where a vehicle drives in a circle around the scene. I want it to keep going along a circle path for the whole scenario. Is there an example of how to do this? I have tried to create it where the path starts and ends at the same place but when it hits the end point, the vehicle continues straight and does not make the turn.

Thank you.

@jmk479,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It appears that there is a bug in the "Closed" property so that the intended effect of driving around in a circle is not happening. We'll put it on the list of fixes for version 3.0 (scheduled for release in May).

In the meantime, you may be able to create a script that uses the External API call FollowPathVehicle to accomplish the repeated behavior. We'll look into this internally as well and let you know if we figure out an elegant solution.

Regards,
    ANVEL Support

• Hi,

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

• This post is deleted!