Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Coordinate frame issues

• I am trying to convert between coordinate systems within ANVEL, mainly ENU and ECEF, in a plugin. I am using the ANVEL enu2xyz method to perform the conversion. From what I can gather, if z is defined as up, the local coordinate system is in ENU and ANVEL is using the WGS84 ellipsoid.

When i convert the origin of the environment to ECEF, it works fine. As soon as the coordinate is no longer at the origin, the conversion fails. I have tested this against my own functions as well as MATLAB and other resources. Is there something happening in ANVEL that I am missing?

• @bgn0002 said in Coordinate frame issues:

I am trying to convert between coordinate systems within ANVEL, mainly ENU and ECEF, in a plugin. I am using the ANVEL enu2xyz method to perform the conversion. From what I can gather, if z is defined as up, the local coordinate system is in ENU and ANVEL is using the WGS84 ellipsoid.

When i convert the origin of the environment to ECEF, it works fine. As soon as the coordinate is no longer at the origin, the conversion fails. I have tested this against my own functions as well as MATLAB and other resources. Is there something happening in ANVEL that I am missing?

@bgn0002,

Are you running ANVEL version 2.5? There was an issue with the coordinate conversion that was fixed in version 2.5. If you are on 2.5, could you send a code sample that would help us look into the issue further?

Regards,
    The ANVEL Support Team

• I am using ANVEL 2.0. I am using custom functions for all my conversions now.