Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Derived Trigger Volume Component

• I'm trying to create a component plugin that inherits some of the functionality of the Trigger Volume Component. I seem to encounter an error if I try to call for the base functions.

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl Anvel::TriggerVolumeComponent::OnSimUpdate(double)" (?OnSimUpdate@TriggerVolumeComponent@Anvel@@QEAAXN@Z)

Here is an example of what I'd try to do:

void SampleObjectTrigger::SampleFunction(TimeValue dt)
    {
    /// do some stuff
    TriggerVolumeComponent::OnSimUpdate(dt);
    /// do some more stuff
    }

I'll also get the error if during the RegisterProperties function when I'll try this

void SampleObjectTrigger::RegisterProperties(PropertyRegistrationContext& context)
    {
    TriggerVolumeComponent::RegisterProperties(context);
    ///add other properties
    }

Any ideas?

• .Bump.

• Hi @jayatc,

We'll be happy to take a look into this issue. First off, it would be helpful to know what you're missing from the trigger volume component that would require you to extend the base functionality. If we understand your goals, we can recommend the best approach!

Regards,
    ANVEL Support

• @anvel-team I'm doing simulated convoy operations and I want the event to be triggered when a certain vehicle passes through the trigger volume not necessarily when the first vehicle passes through. I know that I could place the volume further down the path in order to line up with the timing, but I want to alter speeds and gap distances in the convoy and I'm finding it cumbersome to continuously move the volume.

I'm also hoping to allow multiple events to be triggered by multiple instances of vehicles passing through the volume. i.e. vehicle A passes through do event A, when vehicle B passes through do event B.

• @jayatc,

We're working on some examples that incorportate trigger volumes and Python scripting components that should give you an example of what you can do with these functionalities! Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
    ANVEL Support