Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Do PID controllers work correctly?

• Hello, I am running experiments with a custom vehicle in ANVEL 2.0. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the desired angular velocity of the wheel generated by the user is not reached by the low-level PID controllers. Notice that "WheelAngVels" does not match "DesiredAngVels". Could you please let me know a possible solution? Thanks.

0_1512063591603_Untitled.png

• administrators

Ramon,
    Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into this.

Regards,
    The ANVEL Support Team

• Thank you. I think I have fixed it. There are two issues: (1) maximum torque that the wheel motors can reach and (2) tuning properly the PID controllers.

• @ramongmit said in Do PID controllers work correctly?:

Thank you. I think I have fixed it. There are two issues: (1) maximum torque that the wheel motors can reach and (2) tuning properly the PID controllers.

Ramon,

That's great to hear that you resolved the issue! In our internal investigations, it was apparent that the redline property on the vehicle's motor definition, which is the maximum speed of the motor, appears to be directly related to the wheel angular velocity. By increasing the redline value for each wheel motor in the vehicle definition file, you increase the maximum wheel angular velocity possible.

Regards,
    The ANVEL Team