Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Parametric Controller Bug; Does not allow left turns

• I am trying to setup a test for a vehicle controller using the built in Python. I want to set steering and throttle values on each iteration of the controller. The way I have found to do this is to setup a parametric controller and set the steering override property on each cycle. The problem is that left turns are a negative steering value but the property will only accept an input between 0 and 1. The negative value is set to 0 immediately when entered from the code or properties window. The sinewave and other preset controllers still work correctly and can make left turns. Please let me know if there are any workarounds for this problem.

• @dsb0029,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll try to reproduce the issue in house and let you know if there is a workaround.

Regards,
    ANVEL Support

• @dsb0029,

This does indeed turn out to be a bug in ANVEL - we'll have it fixed for the 4.0 release in May. Are you able to use the External API in Python instead of the built-in? That way you could set the vehicle inputs in whichever fashion you'd like (see the example https://wiki.anvelsim.com/3/index.php/Python_Example_Vehicle_Control).

Regards,
    ANVEL Support

• @ANVEL-Team Thanks for looking in to the problem. The API should work built in Python just would have been easier to set up.