Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

[Solved] Samples Compile Error

• When attempting to compile the sample projects using VS2015 I get error's relating to std::shared_mutex in Synchronized.h

A few of the errors thrown are listed below:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error C2065 'shared_mutex': undeclared identifier MessageSample c:\program files\quantum signal, llc\anvel 2\src\anvelcore\core\Synchronized.h 105

Error C2065 'shared_mutex': undeclared identifier VtiSample c:\program files\quantum signal, llc\anvel 2\src\anvelcore\core\Synchronized.h 105

Error C2065 'shared_mutex': undeclared identifier PluginSample c:\program files\quantum signal, llc\anvel 2\src\anvelcore\core\Synchronized.h 105

Error C2923 'Anvel::ReaderReference': 'shared_mutex' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'Mutex' ControllerSample c:\program files\quantum signal, llc\anvel 2\src\anvelcore\core\Synchronized.h 105

Any idea's on why I'm getting these errors?

• Hi.
    A couple questions -

1. What version of ANVEL are you using?
    2. Are you using the Release/x64 options outlined in the compilation instructions?

Thanks!

• One additional question: Is Update 2 or greater installed with your copy of Microsoft Visual Studio? MSVC added support for shared_mutex in their post release Update 2, so that is likely the issue. Otherwise, it could be due to the compilation settings targeting XP/Vista instead of Windows 7 or greater.

Thanks!

• I updated my visual studios to Update 3 and this resolved the compiler issue.

Thanks!

• Great news!