SampleMotorController ANVEL 1.0

• I am writing on this occasion because we are having a difficult challenge. It turned out that we coded several functions in the SampleMotorController file in ANVEL 1.0. Those algorithms basically took a continuous estimation of the slippage of the wheels and calculated a new velocity for the wheels. The contact angle between the wheels and the soil was also needed.

Now, I am trying to integrate this code into ANVEL 2.0. However, I got several errors mainly related to replacement of the class (namespace) “Vane” by the class “Anvel”. I tried to replace “Vane” by the new class, however, there are still many compiling errors with unknown functions and variables. Could you kindly advise us how to go through this process?

• administrators

@ramongmit said in SampleMotorController ANVEL 1.0:

Now, I am trying to integrate this code into ANVEL 2.0. However, I got several errors mainly related to replacement of the class (namespace) “Vane” by the class “Anvel”. I tried to replace “Vane” by the new class, however, there are still many compiling errors with unknown functions and variables. Could you kindly advise us how to go through this process?

Are you able to compile the SampleMotorController successfully without modifications? Please see the instructions for compiling the sample projects for Windows. Note that we only ship the Release / x64 binaries that the samples need to link against, so make sure Visual Studio is set to that configuration.

If that's not working, feel free to post your sample code, and the error log, and we can look into it further.

• @anvel_administrator Thank you. I have successfully completed the code. However, after loading the plugin "MotorControllerSample.dll" and placing the KREX rover in the world view, I do not see the menu with the variables under the label "SampleMotorController Root". More specifically, the menu that I coded in the function "void SampleMotorController::RegisterProperties(PropertyRegistrationContext& context)" is completely blank. This happens even using your own code for ANVEL 2.0. That is, the options: context.AddProperty(MemberProp(SampleMotorController, m_pidController.m_pCoefficient), "P", "", kPropNone);" This variable does not appear. A different story happened in ANVEL 1.0 by using the same code I saw all the parameters and options under the option: "SampleMotorController" in the Properties. I would appreciate your advice.

• administrators

@ramongmit said in SampleMotorController ANVEL 1.0:

@anvel_administrator Thank you. I have successfully completed the code. However, after loading the plugin "MotorControllerSample.dll" and placing the KREX rover in the world view, I do not see the menu with the variables under the label "SampleMotorController Root". More specifically, the menu that I coded in the function "void SampleMotorController::RegisterProperties(PropertyRegistrationContext& context)" is completely blank. This happens even using your own code for ANVEL 2.0. That is, the options: context.AddProperty(MemberProp(SampleMotorController, m_pidController.m_pCoefficient), "P", "", kPropNone);" This variable does not appear. A different story happened in ANVEL 1.0 by using the same code I saw all the parameters and options under the option: "SampleMotorController" in the Properties. I would appreciate your advice.

Based on the screenshot you sent over in a PDF, it appears that an instance of your motor is being created. Can you send us your ANVEL log file that contains around the time where you load the vehicle, which will help us look into the issue further? The log file is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Anvel/Logs

• @anvel_administrator Please, could you kindly review the log available at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o3n4ii8ehyimwy/Anvel06_13_2017-151554.log?dl=0 I wasn't able to upload this file through this forum. Thank you.

Looks like your connection to ANVEL Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.