Community Forum
ANVEL Licensing Options

Heightmap Generation Tool

• I am trying to use the Heightmap tool in Sim -> Environment. Where does this tool export the heightmap files to when they are created? I am using both Windows and Linux versions of ANVEL. Also, is there a way to use this program on an ogre mesh or object without creating an environment? This would save for my application of automatically creating environment terrain from LIDAR scans.

• @dsb0029 said in Heightmap Generation Tool:

I am trying to use the Heightmap tool in Sim -> Environment. Where does this tool export the heightmap files to when they are created? I am using both Windows and Linux versions of ANVEL. Also, is there a way to use this program on an ogre mesh or object without creating an environment? This would save for my application of automatically creating environment terrain from LIDAR scans.

Thanks for writing in - we're happy to help. For the export heightmap menu option, a dialog will allow you to specify the location for the .obj to be created.

For your second question, we recommend making an environment if you are working with terrain data. However, you can also convert .obj files to OGRE meshes and then use them as placeable objects. This wiki page might help you get started: http://wiki.anvelsim.com/2/index.php/Object_Definition_Overview

Hopefully this answers your questions!

Regards,
    ANVEL Support